Does identifying, analyzing, and empathizing with audiences make you tick? Is your happy place a world of spreadsheets, charts, screenshots, and trailers? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment full of exciting opportunities every day? If you said yes to these three things, we'd love to talk about the next step in your career with us at Gearbox!
Gearbox Publishing is looking for a Brand Manager to work closely with marketing and other internal teams and external partners to help plan, create, and execute strategic marketing plans and media plans, and manage the creative marketing asset pipeline and budget.
Responsibilities (will vary by project):
- Plan and develop branding communications, advertising, and promotional programs designed to increase sales.
- Identify keys to success and develop product positioning.
- Manage the development of game marketing assets and ensure that assets are created on time and align with marketing and positioning goals, and accurately represent the product.
- Work closely with project managers to provide insight into the master schedule.
- Work with project managers to develop scope and proper capacity planning.
Required Skills and Experience:
- BA in Marketing
- Five+ years of experience in brand marketing, product management, project management in an applicable industry (gaming, entertainment, consumer goods, etc.).
- Understanding of video game publishing and marketing content pipeline from concept to shipping.
- Knowledge of current trends in the gaming industry and related marketing trends.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organization, time management, and scheduling skills.
- Self-motivated and able to juggle multiple, potentially unrelated, projects.
- Awareness and knowledge of social, cultural trends, and current events.
- A team player: belief that the team’s success is your success, and be comfortable picking up tasks or project that may fall slightly outside your normal duties.
Nice to haves:
- Has previous experience working on AAA products at a gaming publisher or developer.
- Knowledgeable about Gearbox-owned IPs (Battleborn, Borderlands, Brothers in Arms, Duke Nukem, Homeworld).
- Familiarity with JIRA, Perforce, and build management.
- Strong presentation skills with a willingness to represent the company or a product to internal or external parties.
- Loves data and finding ways to improve based on past results.