Gearbox Software is seeking an experienced UI Artist to help own and drive the style of our interface as we start our next exciting project. Using compelling motion graphics, 2D, and 3D designs you will work with our UI team to create innovative interfaces. We’re looking for someone passionate about UI and player experience.
- Work closely with UI artists, programmers and Project Directors to drive interface style and function.
- Create wireframes and mockups that visually communicate game features.
- Create art assets like graphics, animations and icons as identified by the UI Lead.
- Implement, animate, and maintain intuitive UI screens using engine tools.
- Visually display complex data intuitively with an emphasis on information hierarchy.
- At least 3 years of professional experience as a UI Designer
- At least 1 shipped AAA title
- Proficient in Adobe CC Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects)
- Experience using engine level UI tools (Unreal preferred)
- Ability to quickly prototype and visualize engaging user experiences.
- Strong background in motion graphics.
- Ability to give and receive constructive criticism and critique with a focus on improving quality.
- Craft UI components with an emphasis on modularity.
- Ability to rapidly prototype designs in a variety of visual styles
- Team player with a great attitude & love for video games