The Gearbox Entertainment Company is an award-winning creator and distributor of entertainment for people around the world. Gearbox Entertainment develops and publishes products through its subsidiaries, Gearbox Software and Gearbox Publishing. Gearbox Entertainment has become widely known for successful game franchises including Brothers in Arms and Borderlands, as well as acquired properties Duke Nukem and Homeworld. Gearbox’s ambition is to entertain the world and its key driving objectives include the pursuit of happiness for our talent, partners and customers, the prioritization of entertainment and creativity and a measured respect for profitability. For more information, visit www.Gearbox.com.
Gearbox Entertainment is looking for a Benefits Manager to join our team!
- Develop health and welfare benefits strategy and direct the design, implementation, communication and cost control of health and welfare benefit programs for all Gearbox employees across multiple states
- Working in partnership with external vendors and internal stakeholders ensure the company is positioned competitively and stays current on trends/changes in both the gaming and other industries
- Develop and execute a comprehensive communication strategy for benefit programs and identify opportunities to better enable the company to improve employee engagement, facilitate proactive and effective messaging as well as support the company's growth and strategic plan.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of benefits strategies including cost/benefits analysis of transitioning to self-funded benefits plan
- Conduct ongoing data analysis to review trends, usage and overall employee engagement
- Ensure compliance with applicable government regulations. Ensure timeliness and accuracy of required reporting and filings
- Manage daily benefits processes including enrollments, COBRA, terminations, life events, beneficiary changes, and compliance testing.
- Complete audits to employee data and oversee the processing of benefits related invoices
- Review both short- and long-range cost estimates/projections and relevant statistical analyses regarding modifications in benefits programs and implementation of new programs
- Conduct benefits benchmarks, analyze results and recommend improvements.
- Analyze complex benefits information, forecast trends and manage future benefits plan designs. Present specific recommendations for review by leadership
- Monitor administrative costs of benefits programs and recommend cost containment strategies, including alternative methods for administration and funding
- Provide customer service support to internal and external stakeholders. Develop communication tools to enhance understanding of the company's benefits package to employees.
- Design and distribute materials for benefits orientations, open enrollment and summary plan descriptions. Provide training and support to employees at all levels.
- Bachelor's degree in human resource management, business or related field,
- Minimum 7+ years of progressive benefits experience
- Experience in driving enterprise-wide change management in the benefits space
- In-depth knowledge of all pertinent federal and state regulations, filings and compliance requirements, both adopted and pending, affecting employee benefits programs, including the ACA, ERISA, FMLA, ADA, workers' compensation, Medicare, COBRA, and Social Security and DOL requirements.
- Advanced knowledge of Health & Welfare, 401(k), STD/LTD/FMLA, and global wellness plans
- Proven track record in managing a benefits team and negotiating contracts agreements
- Strong analytical skills and a thorough knowledge of plan designs.
- Ability to understand, evaluate and make judgment on proposals (RFPs).
- Knowledge of benefits contract language.
- Excellent presentation skills and experience presenting to senior leadership teams
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high growth, rapidly changing, fun environment
- High degree of personal integrity
Bonus Points For:
- Knowledge and experience administering Canadian benefits
- Benefits administration in a start-up environment
- Human resources experience in an entertainment, gaming, or technology company
Gearbox Entertainment believes that all team members should be able to enjoy a work environment free from all forms of discrimination and harassment. We are committed to reflecting the diversity of the world we strive to entertain. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we provide fair and equal treatment to all team members and applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law.