The Gearbox Entertainment Company is an award-winning creator and distributor of entertainment for people around the world. Gearbox Entertainment develops and publishes products through its subsidiaries, Gearbox Software and Gearbox Publishing. Gearbox Entertainment has become widely known for successful game franchises including Borderlands and Brothers in Arms, as well as acquired properties such as Duke Nukem and Homeworld. Gearbox’s ambition is to entertain the world, and its key driving objectives include the pursuit of happiness for our talent, partners and customers, the prioritization of entertainment and creativity, and a measured respect for profitability. For more information, visit www.Gearbox.com.
The Director of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) has an exciting opportunity to make an impact in driving, growing, and championing Gearbox’s DEI strategy on a global level. Reporting to Gearbox’s Chief Communications Officer, you will have the opportunity to leverage your experience to create a sense of belonging for all team members of Gearbox through the creation of diversity and inclusion programs.
- Manage successful implementation of DEI strategy throughout Gearbox
- Scale our diversity, equity, inclusion practice, articulating a clear vision, translating it into scalable strategy, and enabling and inspiring our team members around the world.
- Leverage DEI expertise and leadership skills to increase awareness and provide support and guidance through targeted programs, employee resource groups (ERG), and external partnerships
- Serve as an approachable and successful point person for DEI and trusted convener of Gearbox’s Diversity Taskforce
- Evaluate the effectiveness of DEI programs for measuring, tracking, analyzing, and reporting of metrics
- Ensure DEI strategies and global differences are integrated into learning paths and business strategies
- Actively engage with team members as a change agent and thought leader for developing best practices, challenging the status quo, and creating an inclusive culture
- Provide thought leadership in developing and implementing the Gearbox DEI training and program strategy.
- Accountable for Gearbox’s long-term organizational DEI strategy development and implementation, including establishing goals and metrics for success and executing future and current plans
- Collaborate closely with the Chief Communications Officer and other executive leadership team members to ensure that internal, and external messaging promotes transparency and reflects our commitment to equity.
- Create programs to increase diversity in recruiting that promotes our mission to entertain the world.
- Bachelor's Degree or combination of experience and education
- 7+ years DEI experience leading, developing, and implementing programs in high growth and fast paced complex organizations
- Proven ability to design, lead and develop DEI strategies, ERGs, and training plans
- Ability to leverage excellent communication and collaboration skills to build trust, stakeholder engagement, and change management throughout Gearbox
- Ability to present information to all team members across various levels of the organization and diverse populations
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills with the confidence and ability to challenge the status quo, influence, and inspire
- Passion for creating an inclusive company culture and ability to turn strategy into actionable DEI initiatives
- Demonstrated experience working with sensitive subjects matter and confidentiality
Gearbox Entertainment believes that all team members should be able to enjoy a work environment free from all forms of discrimination and harassment. We are committed to reflecting the diversity of the world we strive to entertain. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we provide fair and equal treatment to all team members and applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law.