Internal Controls Auditor
The Gearbox Entertainment Company is an award-winning creator and distributor of entertainment for people around the world. Gearbox Entertainment develops and publishes products through its subsidiaries, Gearbox Software and Gearbox Publishing. Gearbox Entertainment has become widely known for successful game franchises including Brothers in Arms and Borderlands, as well as acquired properties Duke Nukem and Homeworld. Gearbox’s ambition is to entertain the world and its key driving objectives include the pursuit of happiness for our talent, partners and customers, the prioritization of entertainment and creativity and a measured respect for profitability. For more information, visit www.Gearbox.com.
The role will be responsible for executing a risk management framework to effectively identify, measure, monitor, and mitigate internal controls across the Gearbox Group. The position reports directly to the Senior Manager of Controls and Compliance. The head office is based in Frisco, Texas. The role may be performed remote and may require limited travel (domestic and/or international).
- Enhance and maintain the inventory of processes, risks, and controls (Risk and Control Matrix) and execute an ongoing review and reporting process on the effectiveness of the control environment.
- Responsible to document process narratives, walkthroughs, and development of new control processes. Also, includes identification and remediating issues identified during the self-assessment and ongoing maintenance controls review process.
- Perform testing of internal controls as required by Parent Company and local management policies.
- Contribute as a team member to the external audit process (fiscal year-end March 31).
- Aggregate internal control issues identified through the monitoring process and perform a root cause analysis to identify process or procedures changes needed.
- Liaise with supervisor to evaluate key risks relating to ICOFR (internal control over financial reporting) and develop appropriate Key Risk Indicators (KRIs) and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to measure and monitor performance.
- Participate in preparation of monthly, quarterly, annual (and ad-hoc) risk and control reporting to leadership that identify overall control efficacy and areas of opportunity.
- Stay current on regulatory and industry updates and identify new emerging risks impacting the control environment. Assess impact of emerging risks to existing processes and controls.
- Minimum 2 years professional work experience
- CPA, CMA, CFE strongly desired
- Prior audit experience preferable
- Deep knowledge of ICOFR including understanding of key processes, risks, and controls.
- Ability to operate successfully in a global publicity traded corporate environment.
- Sense of urgency, passion for results and personal accountability for achievement.
- Strong interpersonal, influencing, and communications skills with an ability to interact effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Meaningful knowledge of the risk management framework (COSO), including risk identification, risk appetite and strategy, risk-related decisions, processes and controls, risk analytics, governance, and issue management.
- Knowledge and understanding of strategic elements of financial, operational, technical, and regulatory environment across the company.
Gearbox Entertainment believes that all team members should be able to enjoy a work environment free from all forms of discrimination and harassment. We are committed to reflecting the diversity of the world we strive to entertain. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we provide fair and equal treatment to all team members and applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.