Employee Relations Specialist
The Gearbox Entertainment Company is an award-winning creator and distributor of entertainment for people around the world. Gearbox Entertainment develops and publishes products through its subsidiaries, Gearbox Software and Gearbox Publishing. Gearbox Entertainment has become widely known for successful game franchises including Brothers in Arms and Borderlands, as well as acquired properties Duke Nukem and Homeworld. Gearbox’s ambition is to entertain the world and its key driving objectives include the pursuit of happiness for our talent, partners and customers, the prioritization of entertainment and creativity and a measured respect for profitability. For more information, visit www.Gearbox.com.
Gearbox Entertainment is looking for an Employee Relations Specialist to join our team!
- Directs the analysis and resolution of issues with increasing complexity, visibility and risk related to policy or culture concerns/violations and incident or threat response, independently or by collaborating with managers, peers in Human Resources (HR) and Legal as appropriate
- Leads and holds accountability for strategy and judgement around all aspects of an investigation
- Contacts and interviews complainants, reported witnesses, and respondents related to policy or culture concerns/violations and incident or threat response with increasing complexity, visibility and risk. Documents findings, and maintains appropriate levels of confidentiality
- Utilizing Human Resources (HR)-related tools, tracks and documents findings gathered through interviews and the investigatory process. Utilizes tools to track data and information relating to a situation and documents relevant findings. Makes recommendations for refining, streamlining, and improving tools and their usage to improve future documentation needs.
- Identifies and interprets trends in employee relations issues across the business. Designs and recommends interventions and solutions to facilitate an open, inclusive culture
- Facilitates employee departures including voluntary and involuntary termination by conducting exit interviews, documenting feedback, and partnering with leaders to implement feedback to drive process improvement.
- Independently recommends appropriate corrective disciplinary actions or processes, consulting with leaders where needed, and influencing acceptance of recommended outcomes by key stakeholders
- Coaches and guides parties to leverage best resources and/or approach to address conflict after sharing their findings, or provides the tools that would allow for facilitating conflict resolution to occur as appropriate
- Serve as an escalation point of contact for employee performance matters. Partner with managers to recommend appropriate action and advise on related documentation and performance improvement plans
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Organizational Behavior, Psychology or related field and 7+ years’ experience in HR, mediation, workplace investigations or related role
- In depth knowledge of state and federal employment laws
- Must be a subject matter expert in workplace investigations, labor relations and have strong influencing skills with employees at all levels of the organization
- Able to maintain strict confidentiality of employee data and of complaints brought forth by employees
- Must communicate effectively, remain calm under pressure, have demonstrable experience in Human Resources compliance, performance management, be collaborative and open to and giving feedback
- Ability to act as an objective third party and unbiased advisor. Knowledge of equity, diversity, and inclusion approaches
Bonus Points For:
- Human resources experience in an entertainment, video game, start-up, or technology company
- Conflict Resolution Certificate or professional classes in conflict resolution
- Working knowledge of French
Gearbox Entertainment believes that all team members should be able to enjoy a work environment free from all forms of discrimination and harassment. We are committed to reflecting the diversity of the world we strive to entertain. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we provide fair and equal treatment to all team members and applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law.