Senior Product Manager
Gearbox Publishing is looking for a player-minded Product Manager to help drive our significant in-development and live product efforts across a wide variety of genres and platforms. The best fit for this position will have a hunger for knowledge, a devotion to drive game growth, and a deep understanding of one or more game genres. Communication and organization skills are important, as you will be a driving force and guiding hand for our external partners and internal stakeholders. Product Managers at Gearbox Publishing are responsible for owning and delivering the completion of features or games in alignment with each game’s goals, which are uniquely defined for each project.
- Work with Publishing leadership to be a champion for the product’s strategy and drive it accordingly with relevant stakeholders
- Oversee products from audience identification and acquisition through veteran retention
- Build business or gameplay-focused cases for new initiatives on existing or new products
- Lead high-level scheduling efforts and development plans for the game’s development by engaging in direct coordination with the development team
- Identify, understand, and champion targets for key segments by analyzing or understanding qualitative and quantitative data
- Shape the direction of products by properly identifying current market trends and applying relevant data-informed insights
- Partner with the marketing and brand teams to ensure positioning of the product matches product capabilities and target markets
- Develop product requirements and work with key stakeholders from production and technology to establish effort execution plans
- Ensure preparation, testing, deployment, and communication occurs for product updates
- Maintain a deep understanding of how game systems relate to marketability, retention, monetization, and churn
- 5+ years’ experience working with games, including time in a Game Designer, Producer, Data Analyst, Product Manager, or other comparable role.
- Experience working with Live services, and/or F2P models
- Proven ability to make product decisions based on BI, Marketing, and Production information
- Experience using evidence-based decision-making to guide products and teams
- Proven leadership, communication, scheduling, and collaboration skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a high level of emotional intelligence
- Keen attention to details that matter
- Familiarity and passion for Gearbox franchises such as Homeworld, Brothers in Arms, and Borderlands
- A constant desire to learn, grow, adapt, and try new things
- Prior experience with cross-platform titles
Gearbox Entertainment believes that all team members should be able to enjoy a work environment free from all forms of discrimination and harassment. We are committed to reflecting the diversity of the world we strive to entertain. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we provide fair and equal treatment to all team members and applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law.