Human Resources Business Partner
The Gearbox Entertainment Company is an award-winning creator and distributor of entertainment for people around the world. Gearbox Entertainment develops and publishes products through its subsidiaries, Gearbox Software and Gearbox Publishing. Gearbox Entertainment has become widely known for successful game franchises including Brothers in Arms and Borderlands, as well as acquired properties Duke Nukem and Homeworld. Gearbox’s ambition is to entertain the world and its key driving objectives include the pursuit of happiness for our talent, partners and customers, the prioritization of entertainment and creativity and a measured respect for profitability. For more information, visit www.Gearbox.com.
Gearbox Entertainment is looking for a Human Resources Business Partner to join our team!
- Partner with HR Director to develop succession plans, analyze HR trends and business processes to develop solutions for compensation, diversity, performance management, and equity
- Benchmark and structure industry compensation data and bonus/rewards packages
- Provides day-to-day support and guidance, and act as liaison between HR and department managers
- Create various types of project documents, process maps and analyze data to inform decision-making
- Continually optimize implemented HR solutions to streamline and simplify processes
- Partner with head of department on promotions reviews, performance management, and organization change
- Interpret and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, and policies.
- Follow-up regularly with hiring managers to update them on current activities and realign strategies put in place as needed
- Work on HR projects and programs; planning and implementing projects for key initiatives, respecting timelines, and milestones
- Collaborate in the implementation of new HRIS - Workday
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Advanced understanding of HR analytics and techniques
- Strong knowledge and experience in HRIS preferably Workday
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of industry compensation practices
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Intermediate knowledge of health and retirement benefits
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team environment
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or relevant experience
Bonus Points For:
- Human resources experience in an entertainment, gaming, or technology company
- Experience in a start-up organization
- Working knowledge of French
Gearbox Entertainment believes that all team members should be able to enjoy a work environment free from all forms of discrimination and harassment. We are committed to reflecting the diversity of the world we strive to entertain. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we provide fair and equal treatment to all team members and applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law.