The Gearbox Entertainment Company is an award-winning creator and distributor of entertainment for people around the world. Gearbox Entertainment develops and publishes products through its subsidiaries, Gearbox Software and Gearbox Publishing. Gearbox Entertainment has become widely known for successful game franchises including Brothers in Arms and Borderlands, as well as acquired properties Duke Nukem and Homeworld. Gearbox’s ambition is to entertain the world and its key driving objectives include the pursuit of happiness for our talent, partners and customers, the prioritization of entertainment and creativity and a measured respect for profitability. For more information, visit www.Gearbox.com.
An Associate Producer on Gearbox’s Production Team is a critical role working directly in the trenches with developers on a project. This role operates alongside a department and/or “feature teams” as assigned to one of our titles. The Associate Producer is responsible for coordinating milestone/sprint planning, ensuring there is effective communication between teams, maintaining and reporting status of each area of responsibility, and working with other Producers to make it all come together. A Producer at Gearbox is committed to making the game creation process easier for their team and the broader company.
What Makes You The Right Person:
- You are an enthusiastic and positive person that can motivate others
- You have unique X-Factors that you can offer the team where we can learn from you as much as you can learn from us!
- You desire to grow both individually and with the team
- You love games and have a passion for game making and helping others be as creative as possible
- You are capable of making decisions that are best for the project, even difficult decisions that are potentially against the grain
- Assist feature teams and/or departments in driving progress toward both immediate and long-term goals
- Associate Producers typically own 1 – 3 feature teams depending on assignment per Producer or Managing Production
- Maintain tasking by ensuring all efforts are represented in JIRA, with the necessary information for both content creators, production, and our development management team
- Support content creators in any day-to-day needs- communication, identifying and resolving blockers, scheduling/coordinating/representing in meetings, creating tasks as needed, etc.
- Proactively identify areas of need and coordinate with stakeholders to ‘make it happen!’!
- Stay on top of progress/status always representing as a reliable person about where your teams are in the pipeline or in current initiatives
- Update Confluence and other documentation formats that is integral to the development and scheduling process
- Monitor and enable feature team(s) to deliver their work on time with the best quality possible within time constraints
- Direct experience coordinating and/or managing efforts in AAA game development in an Assistant Producer or Associate Producer role (or equivalent work/life experience)
- A strong understanding of schedules, pipelines, and dependencies developing games
- Fluent or able to use Perforce (or other source control)
- Willing to navigate Unreal Engine 4 as necessary to help get the job done
- Exercise strong JIRA skills and leverage how it can be applied to help organize and track efforts
- Experience creating and/or maintaining spreadsheets or schedules in order to forecast efforts, identify risks, and provide status updates
Bonus Points For:
- Bachelors and higher education degree that is applicable to the role
- Familiarity or understanding Missions/Level Design
- Expert or consider oneself pretty awesome using Excel