Director of Creative Marketing
Founded in 2016, Gearbox Publishing was established with the goal of helping developers around the world bring their products to market while retaining their unique creative visions. The mission began with the critically-acclaimed Homeworld Remastered Collection for PC, and has since been followed by many partnerships that include tiny Build’s Hello Neighbor, System Era Softworks’ Astroneer, Compulsion Games’ We Happy Few, Hopoo’s Risk of Rain 2 and Counterplay Games’ PlayStation 5 launch title, Godfall. Gearbox Publishing remains committed to its mission to entertain the world and become the most developer-friendly publisher in the industry.
Gearbox Publishing is looking for a Director of Creative Marketing to work closely with internal teams to help with planning, growth, and management of the Marketing Art department.
- Responsible for planning, growth, management, output and quality of work of the internal Marketing Art department and its external partners.
- Drive the creative vision and quality of all marketing and promotional assets across the entire publishing portfolio.
- You'll align the publishing targets, market pace and strategy in different stages, and develop creative visual solutions required to bring our published titles to market.
- Work with cross-regional and cross-field teams (art, design, branding, business, marketing, platform, and production) to collaborate on the strategic goals and targets for our products.
- Responsible for the planning, recruitment, training, and management of the marketing art team and vendors, develop the measurement mechanism of design results, and balance the production quality, efficiency, and cost.
- 10+ years of creative/visual design experience in game publishing or advertising industry, and at least 5 years of design team management experience.
- Have a broad understanding of global art and visual trends, particularly in the entertainment space, including illustration, digital art, 3D art, graphic design, web design, interactive advertising, UI & UX, in-engine video, CG video, animation, and product screenshots.
- Proficient working knowledge of popular game engines, including Unreal and Unity.
- Proven leadership experience:
- Ability to lead and guide a diverse team to success against sometimes-evolving goals.
- Ability to identify the right people for the right jobs and work with internal stakeholders to prioritize and maximize team output.
- Ability to understand and anticipate global business needs to grow and foster a team capable of meeting the ever-increasing demands of a growing publisher.
- You have passion for art and design, with the vision to transform design concept and game assets into creative marketing content for different channels and markets.
- You enjoy teamwork and have good communication skills, able to understand business and product demands and goals, and can clearly and accurately communicate to the expectations and goals for the product to your team members.
- You live for the rush of the pitch and are confident in your ability to present the team’s ideas to generate buy-in and approval for creative marketing concepts with various internal and external stakeholders, including executive leadership.
- You can translate stakeholder feedback into creative, actionable solutions that meet the intent of the feedback while staying within the realities of timelines and production restraints.
- You love art/design, love games, experienced in games, familiar with game publishing cycle and process, and always pay attention to game art, film, animation, digital entertainment, games, etc.
- You can work with teams all around the world, including remote team members, development partners, and creative partners.
Who You Are
- You enjoy a fast-paced environment where creativity and design are often reactive and fluid
- You love games and the creativity that enables their creation
- You lead by example and push to put your team first