Gameplay / Console Programmer
The Gearbox Entertainment Company is an award-winning creator and distributor of entertainment for people around the world. Gearbox Entertainment develops and publishes products through its subsidiaries, Gearbox Software and Gearbox Publishing. Gearbox Entertainment has become widely known for successful game franchises including Brothers in Arms and Borderlands, as well as acquired properties Duke Nukem and Homeworld. Gearbox's ambition is to entertain the world and its key driving objectives include the pursuit of happiness for our talent, partners and customers, the prioritization of entertainment and creativity and a measured respect for profitability. For more information, visit www.Gearbox.com.
Gearbox Software is looking for a full-time Gameplay / Console Programmer to join our development team. As a member of the programming team, they will assist with a wide array of engineering tasks ranging from gameplay programming to console development.
• Maintain live codebases
• Enhance existing features
• Implement and design new systems
• Interact with external partners to gather, interpret, and discuss design requirements
• Collaborate with cross-discipline teammates
• Professionalism in representing the company to external partners
• Computer Science degree and 2+ years game development experience
• Console development experience, including at least one shipped title
• Advanced C++ skills, proficient C# skills
• Excellent debugging skills
• A strong interest in all parts of game development
Bonus Points For:
Gearbox Entertainment believes that all team members should be able to enjoy a work environment free from all forms of discrimination and harassment. We are committed to reflecting the diversity of the world we strive to entertain. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we provide fair and equal treatment to all team members and applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law.
Your application was submitted successfully.