Associate Brand Manager, Mobile
Does identifying, analyzing, and empathizing with audiences make you tick? Is your happy place a world of spreadsheets, charts, screenshots, and trailers? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment full of exciting opportunities every day? If you said yes to these three things, we'd love to talk about the next step in your career with us at Gearbox!
Gearbox Publishing is looking for an Associate Brand Manager, Mobile to work closely with marketing and other internal teams and external partners to help plan, create, and execute strategic marketing plans and media plans, and manage the creative marketing asset pipeline and budget.
Responsibilities (will vary by project):
- Assist in the planning and development of product positioning, strategic marketing plans, advertising, and other promotional programs.
- Assist in the development of game marketing assets and ensure that assets are created on time and align with marketing and positioning goals, and accurately represent the product.
- Assist Brand Managers with product copywriting and the creation of creative briefs.
- Coordinate stakeholder feedback for marketing assets.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 2+ years of experience in brand marketing, product management, project management in an applicable industry (gaming, mobile gaming, mobile, entertainment, consumer goods, etc.).
- Understanding of mobile video game publishing and marketing content pipeline from concept to shipping.
- Knowledge of current trends in the gaming and mobile industries and related marketing trends.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organization, time management, and scheduling skills.
- Self-motivated and able to juggle multiple, potentially unrelated, projects.
- Awareness and knowledge of social, cultural trends, and current events.
- A team player: belief that the team’s success is your success, and be comfortable picking up tasks or project that may fall slightly outside your normal duties.
- Has previous experience working on mobile or mobile gaming products at publisher or developer.
- Knowledgeable about Gearbox-owned (Battleborn, Borderlands, Brothers in Arms, Duke Nukem, Homeworld) and published (We Happy Few, Risk of Rain 2, Godfall, etc.) IPs.
- Familiarity with JIRA, Perforce, and build management.
- Loves data and finding ways to improve based on past results.
Gearbox Entertainment believes that all team members should be able to enjoy a work environment free from all forms of discrimination and harassment. We are committed to reflecting the diversity of the world we strive to entertain. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we provide fair and equal treatment to all team members and applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law.