Gearbox is looking for a talented DevOps Engineer to join our IT Engineering team!
This candidate will join an agile team supporting the entire studio. You'll build, test, and deploy a suite of services, then make improvements and do it all over again. The services you support will be stable, secure, and performant. You’ll be friendly and eager to dive into any problem thrown your way. You’ll be technically sharp, get technical concepts at their core, and go beyond comfortable, “same old solutions.” You'll own your work top to bottom, front to back, and never throw it over a wall. You'll rarely settle for the default settings. You’ll think automation first and manual second, using the right technology to solve the right problem. You're enthusiastic, recognizing there are any number of areas in which you can make an impact. You'll be a self-starter and be willing to handle all manner of tasks with a positive attitude and a minimum of hand-holding. This position will require you to carry a mobile device and will occasionally require after-hours and weekend work.
This position is open to remote work in certain states.
- Some experience with at least one modern programming/scripting language (Python, Ruby, Go, PowerShell)
- Proven experience designing, deploying and maintaining services in a mixed OS, containerized/virtual environment, from the ground up (Docker, VMWare, Windows Server, Linux)
- Deployment and support experience with applications in a cloud environment, such as Amazon Web Services or Azure
- Expertise in commonly available automation systems (Ansible, Terraform, Packer, Cloud formation, Puppet, Chef)
- Familiarity using Source Control Management systems (Perforce, Git)
- Experience creating CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins, Atlassian Bamboo, Gitlab CI/CD)
- Creating and troubleshooting containerized workloads (Kubernetes, EKS, Rancher)
- Demonstrated history of technical competence and ownership on at least one project
- Flexibility to deal with sometimes rapidly changing situations while still achieving project deliverables in a timely fashion
- Openness to new ideas and a willingness to be challenged
- Willingness to create high-quality documentation that other sysadmins can follow
- History of staying current on system and security trends
- Outstanding customer service and interaction skills, both verbal and written, and a strong history of “whatever it takes” support
- Work well as part of a team in a fun, fast-paced environment
What you might work on:
- Services to help share content both internally and externally, so our developers are able to make kick-ass games, and make them more efficiently
- IT tooling that makes user management no more complicated than the click of a button
- Projects to migrate on-premise workloads to “the cloud”, with deployment automation so consistent and repeatable, you can fail smart as many times as you need
- Adding testing and self-healing automation to our services – doing your part to hasten the arrival of Skynet
- Familiarity with Perforce source control, as an architect and administrator
- Success with monitoring, logging, and visualization solutions (Cloudwatch SolarWinds, Grafana, Nagios, Cacti, Zabbix, syslog, SNMP, and Windows event log), not just for system uptime, but as a mechanism to improve performance and eliminate problems in a proactive ways)
Gearbox Entertainment believes that all team members should be able to enjoy a work environment free from all forms of discrimination and harassment. We are committed to reflecting the diversity of the world we strive to entertain. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we provide fair and equal treatment to all team members and applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law.