The Gearbox Entertainment Company is an award-winning creator and distributor of entertainment for people around the world. Gearbox Entertainment develops and publishes products through its subsidiaries, Gearbox Software and Gearbox Publishing. Gearbox Entertainment has become widely known for successful game franchises including Brothers in Arms and Borderlands, as well as acquired properties Duke Nukem and Homeworld. Gearbox’s ambition is to entertain the world and its key driving objectives include the pursuit of happiness for our talent, partners and customers, the prioritization of entertainment and creativity and a measured respect for profitability. For more information, visit www.Gearbox.com.
Have you ever had, or dreamt of having your art grace the cover of a gaming magazine? Do you have what it takes to create the key imagery for bestselling and award-winning games? Are you a versatile artist with multiple talents? If so, Gearbox Publishing, wants to talk to you!
- Work with the marketing team to create high quality imagery for promotional materials such as key art, box art, game logos, magazine and packaging covers, website assets for social media, and online advertising
- Work with the publishing team to layout assets such as packaging and advertising art to be printed
- Work with team leads to create pitch documents, presentations, and other misc. art tasks
- Assist in designing motion graphics for video game trailers and live video streams (Twitch/YouTube Gaming)
- Work with production artists to create in-game screenshots and model renders for marketing needs
- A background in creating high quality key art renders and illustrations for games or entertainment industry
- Proficiencies with game engines like Unreal and Unity, and capable of using software to create quality renders for key art, screenshots and b-roll.
- Fluent in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, with a solid understanding of layout and design with a good eye for color, composition, and typography
- Able to use Illustrator and/or InDesign to create printable packaging artwork layouts
- Able to communicate visual ideas clearly and be able to iterate rapidly
- Able to accept and implement feedback into work
- Must be able to work fast, efficiently, and able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Must be able to work well in a team under tight deadlines
- Ability to quickly pivot on changing or evolving ideas and direction
- Must have a passion for video games
Bonus Points For:
- Previous experience working as a commercial artist in video games
- Experienced with After Effects and/or other video editing packages like Premiere
- Proficient with 3D animation packages like Maya, 3ds Max, Cinema 4D, and Blender.
- Capable of using Unreal Sequencer for cinematic scene setup as well as complementary experience in the cinematic creation process, i.e. animation, storyboarding, lighting, etc.
- New media experience creating podcasts or Twitch streaming
- Background in set design and lighting
Gearbox Entertainment believes that all team members should be able to enjoy a work environment free from all forms of discrimination and harassment. We are committed to reflecting the diversity of the world we strive to entertain. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we provide fair and equal treatment to all team members and applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law.