The Gearbox Entertainment Company is an award-winning creator and distributor of entertainment for people around the world. Gearbox Entertainment develops and publishes products through its subsidiaries, Gearbox Software and Gearbox Publishing. Gearbox Entertainment has become widely known for successful game franchises including Brothers in Arms and Borderlands, as well as acquired properties Duke Nukem and Homeworld. Gearbox’s ambition is to entertain the world and its key driving objectives include the pursuit of happiness for our talent, partners and customers, the prioritization of entertainment and creativity and a measured respect for profitability. For more information, visit www.Gearbox.com.
Gearbox Entertainment is looking for a Benefits Manager to join our team!
- Negotiate with vendors for best plans, options and rates.
- Serve as primary contact for plan vendors, broker and employees
- Coordinate transfer of data to external contacts for services, premiums and plan administration.
- Evaluate and revise internal processes to reduce costs and increase efficiency.
- Ensure compliance with applicable government regulations. Ensure timeliness and accuracy of required reporting and fees.
- Coordinate daily benefits processing. Handle enrollments, COBRA, terminations, changes, beneficiaries, disability, and compliance testing.
- Oversee maintenance of employee benefits files, maintain group benefits database and update employee payroll records.
- Audit employee data and oversee the processing of monthly billings
- Analyze current benefits, evaluating the use, services, coverage, effectiveness, cost, plan experience and competitive trends in benefits programs, and identify the company's stance.
- Review both short- and long-range cost estimates/projections and relevant statistical analyses regarding modifications in benefits programs and implementation of new programs.
- Conduct benefits benchmarks, analyze results and recommend improvements.
- Analyze complex benefits information. Forecast trends and assist with future benefits plan designs. Develop specific recommendations for review by management.
- Monitor administrative costs of benefits programs and recommend cost containment strategies, including alternative methods for administration and funding.
- Provide customer service support to internal and external customers. Develop communication tools to enhance understanding of the company's benefits package.
- Design and distribute materials for benefits orientations, open enrollment and summary plan descriptions. Provide training and support to employees at all levels.
- Design and implement communication programs to enhance the value of benefit programs and increase employee understanding and engagement
- Lead company-wide open enrollment efforts
- Bachelor's degree in human resource management or related field,
- Minimum 7+ years of benefits experience
- Experience in driving enterprise-wide change management in the benefits space
- In-depth knowledge of all pertinent federal and state regulations, filings and compliance requirements, both adopted and pending, affecting employee benefits programs, including the ACA, ERISA, FMLA, ADA, workers' compensation, Medicare, COBRA, and Social Security and DOL requirements.
- Advanced knowledge of Health & Welfare, 401(k), STD/LTD/FMLA, and global wellness plans
- Proven track record in managing a benefits team and negotiating contracts agreements
- Strong analytical skills and a thorough knowledge of plan designs.
- Ability to understand, evaluate and make judgment on proposals (RFPs).
- Knowledge of benefits contract language.
- Excellent presentation skills and experience presenting to senior leadership teams
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high growth, rapidly changing, fun environment
- High degree of personal integrity
Bonus Points For:
- Knowledge and experience administering Canadian benefits
- Benefits administration in a start-up environment
- Human resources experience in an entertainment, gaming, or technology company
Gearbox Entertainment believes that all team members should be able to enjoy a work environment free from all forms of discrimination and harassment. We are committed to reflecting the diversity of the world we strive to entertain. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we provide fair and equal treatment to all team members and applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law.