This position will create assets consistent with the look and feel established by the Art Director. The Character Artist must have creative, technical and personal skills and be comfortable working closely with the design and programming teams. They should have a passion for creating visually stunning characters that compliment the game, and should be excited by the creative freedom and leadership that the role will have in creating the final aesthetic.
- Ensuring the visual excellence of the character art in the finished game.
- Creating excellent character assets.
- Critique character art assets and provide concise feedback internally and externally.
- Work closely with the design department to ensure the art supports the gameplay.
- Able to model, UV map, and create textures from concept or photo reference
- Understands the needs of animation for proper geometry creation & function
- Strong proficiency in 3D Studio Max, Zbrush, and Photoshop
- Able to receive feedback and modify work based on direction
- Ensure consistency and quality of work
- Understands game technology and pipeline required for creating characters
- Knowledge of anatomy & design
- 4+ years of industry experience and at least one shipped title
- Must provide a portfolio that demonstrates the above skills
- Proficiency in rigging and weighting
- Traditional sculpting & artistic abilities
- Experienced leading and guiding other art team members
- Ability to propagate learned knowledge to other art team members
- Collaborate and interface in a creative team environment
- Passionate about creating games & playing them