Director of Facilities
The Gearbox Entertainment Company is an award-winning creator and distributor of entertainment for people around the world. Gearbox Entertainment develops and publishes products through its subsidiaries, Gearbox Software and Gearbox Publishing. Gearbox Entertainment has become widely known for successful game franchises, including Brothers in Arms and Borderlands, and acquired properties such as Duke Nukem and Homeworld. Gearbox's ambition is to entertain the world. Its key driving objectives include the pursuit of happiness for our talent, partners, and customers, the prioritization of entertainment and creativity, and measured respect for profitability. For more information, visit www.Gearbox.com.
Do you have extensive experience managing and leading all aspects of building and office maintenance, negotiating real-estate contracts and leases, as well as overseeing leasehold improvements and buildouts? If so, then Gearbox Entertainment might have the position that will excite you.
We are looking for a responsible and trustworthy Director of Facilities to perform all the duties and responsibilities that come with overseeing a world-class studio's buildings, offices, and equipment to ensure that our workspaces are secure, safe, efficient, and functional.
- Lead and manage contract negotiations with landlords and commercial real-estate agents.
- Manages vendors, including contract and price negotiations.
- Collaborating with building owners and upper management on budgeting for facility’s needs.
- Responsible for developing and implementing facilities policies and procedures.
- Maintaining day-to-day operations of facilities, delegating, or completing maintenance orders.
- Planning for and overseeing renovations and new construction.
- Responsible for furniture, décor, and space planning.
- Maintaining and repairing buildings and equipment.
- Oversees custodial and security staff.
- Ensuring lighting, heating, air conditioning, and ventilation systems are operating correctly.
- Supervising the upkeep of the facilities' grounds and landscaping.
- Maintaining the telecommunications and electrical power systems.
- Adhering to and improving health and safety standards.
- Monitoring safety and cleanliness of offices, conference rooms, parking lots, and outdoor spaces.
- Scheduling routine inspections and emergency repairs with outside vendors.
- Ensuring proper security measures for the workplace, including collaborating with security system vendors or a team of security professionals.
- Preparing facilities for changing weather conditions.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree and previous experience and education in a combination of the following, engineering, property management, business, construction science, or architecture.
- Career progression in Facilities Management with 5+ years as Director of Facilities or a similar Facilities Management leadership role.
- Advanced technical engineering skills and an understanding of how buildings and equipment work.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including speaking with all levels of employees, guests, vendors, and team members.
- Have excellent time management, organization, and prioritization abilities.
- Strong attention to detail and efficient problem-solving skills.
- Ability to lift heavy equipment and comfortable standing or walking for long periods.
- Proficiency with repair tools and techniques.
Gearbox Entertainment believes that all team members should be able to enjoy a work environment free from all forms of discrimination and harassment. We are committed to reflecting the diversity of the world we strive to entertain. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we provide fair and equal treatment to all team members and applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law.