SDK Programmer, Unreal Engine
The Gearbox Entertainment Company is an award-winning creator and distributor of entertainment for people around the world. Gearbox Entertainment develops and publishes products through its subsidiaries, Gearbox Software and Gearbox Publishing. Gearbox Entertainment has become widely known for successful game franchises including Brothers in Arms and Borderlands, as well as acquired properties Duke Nukem and Homeworld. Gearbox’s ambition is to entertain the world and its key driving objectives include the pursuit of happiness for our talent, partners and customers, the prioritization of entertainment and creativity and a measured respect for profitability. For more information, visit www.Gearbox.com.
In addition to our games, Gearbox supports a suite of online services known as Shift. Shift powers many of our online features including crossplay, telemetry, player rewards, and more.
The SHiFT SDK team is looking for experienced Unreal Engine developers. The SHiFT SDK is a suite of applications, tools, and libraries that enable our online services within games. Your role will be to develop and maintain the Unreal Engine plugins that provide SHiFT functionality to shipping titles and to develop a reference implementation within a demo game.
You will periodically provide support to developers from internal and external teams using the SHiFT Unreal SDK.
Experience designing software that is modular, scales well and is highly interoperable will be important (some game coders are weaponized and don't take kindly to inconsistent or inconvenient coding interfaces.) Since this is an SDK that provides an API, documentation will be important. You don't have to be one of those weirdos that enjoys writing documentation, but it couldn't hurt.
* Work with game teams to provide the best possible SDK that leverages the SHiFT platform
* UE4/UE5 plugin development of new SDK features
* UE4/UE5 plugin maintenance of existing SDK features
* Work with QA to ensure they have ways of recognizing and diagnosing issues that may arise
* Write automation tests that verify functionality of SDK features
* Develop and maintain an Unreal reference implementation
* Source level experience with Unreal Engine 4
* Solid grasp of Modern C++
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
* Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science or related technical discipline
* 3+ years of software development and product delivery experience
* Must be a quick study to learn new technologies
* Able to collaborate with multiple parties on design and standards decisions
Bonus Points For:
* Experience with Unreal Engine 5 and/or Unity Engine
* Multiple platform development experience (Windows, Linux, game consoles, etc.)
* Familiarity with web technologies like REST or WebSockets
Gearbox Entertainment believes that all team members should be able to enjoy a work environment free from all forms of discrimination and harassment. We are committed to reflecting the diversity of the world we strive to entertain. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we provide fair and equal treatment to all team members and applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law.
Your application was submitted successfully.