Cinematics Vignette Lead
The Gearbox Entertainment Company is an award-winning creator and distributor of entertainment for people around the world. Gearbox Entertainment develops and publishes products through its subsidiaries, Gearbox Software and Gearbox Publishing. Gearbox Entertainment has become widely known for successful game franchises including Brothers in Arms and Borderlands, as well as acquired properties Duke Nukem and Homeworld. Gearbox’s ambition is to entertain the world and its key driving objectives include the pursuit of happiness for our talent, partners and customers, the prioritization of entertainment and creativity and a measured respect for profitability. For more information, visit www.Gearbox.com.
The Gearbox Entertainment Company is building a cinematics team dedicated to providing high-quality presentation of visual storytelling and narrative performance within our multiple franchise mediums. Come help tell incredible stories inside our games and help reach an even bigger audience of dedicated players and enthusiasts!
The Cinematics Vignette Lead will help to drive high-quality animated performances that are commonly created through technical feats in order to provide unique narrative moments within Gearbox gameplay experiences.
- Working close with the Cinematics Director, Cinematics Producer, and key Game Designers to help establish scope and process in the pipeline development of in-game signature narrative moments within Gearbox games, driving unique, memorable, and inspiring animated performances.
- Help to establish, prototype, and revise the in-game performance pipeline & tools, providing valuable feedback on bringing unique moments of narrative performance into gameplay.
- Create new or build from existing animation libraries in order to craft together modular in-game cinematic experiences.
- Align and collaborate with other Gearbox Animation Leads to keep a unified presence of character and experience within the cinematic performances that aligns with gameplay animation design and principles.
- Be a contributor of animation tasks, driving the high-quality, richly character driven animation within the narrative moments of gameplay, influencing by example.
- Give team feedback and drive reviews in order to continuously align and steer the animation effort towards success.
- Troubleshoot pipeline processes and work to improve them.
- Bachelor’s degree in Art/Film/Animation or equivalent experience.
- Outstanding demo reel.
- Minimum 4 years of experience working with animation on AAA video game titles and/or minimum 4 years of experience working in the Film/VFX/Animation industry.
- Strong communicator and collaborator featuring a problem-solving attitude.
- Able to receive direction and feedback, as well as give direction and feedback to others.
- A deep love for storytelling experiences in film, animation, and video games.
- A strong passion for animation and innovation in storytelling performances in all mediums.
- Expertise using Maya and/or MotionBuilder.
- Experience and understanding of game engine workflows like Unreal, Unity, or equivalent.
- Experience with task tracking systems (JIRA, TFS, Shotgun, etc.)
- Experience working directly with mission designers in support of narrative experience.
- Experience with the processes of shooting and cleaning performance capture.
- Experience with version control systems (Perforce, Subversion, Git, etc.)
Gearbox Entertainment believes that all team members should be able to enjoy a work environment free from all forms of discrimination and harassment. We are committed to reflecting the diversity of the world we strive to entertain. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we provide fair and equal treatment to all team members and applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law.