Senior Data Engineer
The Gearbox Entertainment Company is an award-winning creator and distributor of entertainment for people around the world. Gearbox Entertainment develops and publishes products through its subsidiaries, Gearbox Software and Gearbox Publishing. Gearbox Entertainment has become widely known for successful game franchises including Brothers in Arms and Borderlands, as well as acquired properties Duke Nukem and Homeworld. Gearbox’s ambition is to entertain the world and its key driving objectives include the pursuit of happiness for our talent, partners and customers, the prioritization of entertainment and creativity and a measured respect for profitability. For more information, visit www.Gearbox.com.
Gearbox Software is looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join the Spark team. Spark is a platform and online game engine supporting both internal and external titles. Come combine your love of data and games and influence data-driven decision making in design, development, and business.
- Ensure the integrity of all aspects of the data pipeline, from ingestion to data warehousing.
- Perform queries against terabytes of structured and unstructured data to facilitate requests from stakeholders.
- Build queries and transformations to turn unstructured data into tables and views that data analysts can use.
- Create and maintain ETL processes for multiple titles across multiple environments.
- Maintain and upgrade our data pipeline, improving data orchestration and our ability to quickly onboard new titles.
- Work with key stakeholders to ensure all telemetry and appropriate KPIs are tracked and delivered.
- Look for ways to improve processes and find opportunities to add value to the data platform.
- Be an advocate for data at the company.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
- 6+ years of experience developing highly scalable backend systems.
- 3+ years of experience building and maintaining big data pipelines.
- Advanced SQL knowledge and experience working with columnar data stores like Snowflake or Redshift.
- Extensive experience working with structured and unstructured data.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS): Kinesis (or Kafka), S3, Lambda, Glue.
- Experience with Python, Go, or Java.
- Experience with Linux.
- Familiarity with Tableau or similar products.
- Excellent teamwork skills, flexibility, and ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to grow and foster relationships across various departments with various backgrounds.
Bonus Points For:
- Master's Degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science, or a related quantitative discipline
- Game industry experience.
- Experience with tools like Hadoop, Spark.
- Experience with stream-processing technologies.
- Familiarity with Docker.
- Familiarity with microservices.
- Familiarity with Git and Terraform.
Gearbox Entertainment believes that all team members should be able to enjoy a work environment free from all forms of discrimination and harassment. We are committed to reflecting the diversity of the world we strive to entertain. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we provide fair and equal treatment to all team members and applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law.