The Gearbox Entertainment Company is an award-winning creator and distributor of entertainment for people around the world. Gearbox Entertainment develops and publishes products through its subsidiaries, Gearbox Software and Gearbox Publishing. Gearbox Entertainment has become widely known for successful game franchises including Brothers in Arms and Borderlands, as well as acquired properties Duke Nukem and Homeworld. Gearbox’s ambition is to entertain the world and its key driving objectives include the pursuit of happiness for our talent, partners and customers, the prioritization of entertainment and creativity and a measured respect for profitability. For more information, visit www.Gearbox.com.
An Audio Producer on Gearbox’s Production Team is a critical role working directly in the trenches with developers on a project. This role operates alongside a department and/or “feature teams” as assigned to one of our titles. The Audio Producer is responsible for coordinating milestone/sprint planning, ensuring there is effective communication between teams, maintaining and reporting status of each area of responsibility, and working with other Producers to make it all come together. A Producer at Gearbox is committed to making the game creation process easier for their team and the broader company.
- Attend meetings as audio department representative voicing feedback or concerns on scope / schedule bloat, risk assessment, pipeline blockers.
- Attend production meetings and act as a department ambassador.
- Proactively communicate across project disciplines about the project needs and audio requirements
- Coordinate with project management and audio leadership to facilitate staffing across multiple projects
- Work closely with audio leadership to communicate team status
- Create, maintain, and track audio tasking and scheduling for multiple projects.
- Help with managing the overall schedule and workload of the audio team.
- Attend reoccurring check-ins with audio team members for task tracking oversight.
- Prioritize tasks based on project needs and triage bugs
- Work with audio leadership to facilitate external partner material needs.
- Log meeting notes and transcribe them as action items when necessary.
- Understand and plan for major project milestones and deliverables
- Communicate with QA department on status of audio
- Facilitate onboarding of new staff
What Makes You The Right Person:
- You are an enthusiastic and positive person that can motivate others
- You have unique X-Factors that you can offer the team where we can learn from you as much as you can learn from us!
- You desire to grow both individually and with the team
- You love games and have a passion for game making and helping others be as creative as possible
- You can make decisions that are best for the project, even difficult decisions that are potentially against the grain
- Direct experience coordinating and/or managing efforts in AAA game development in an Audio Producer or Associate Audio Producer role. (or equivalent work/life experience)
- A strong understanding of schedules, pipelines, and dependencies developing games
- Fluent or able to use Perforce (or other source control)
- Willing to navigate Unreal Engine 4 as necessary to help get the job done.
- An understanding and experience with Wwise audio middleware.
- Exercise strong JIRA skills and leverage how it can be applied to help organize and track efforts
- Experience creating and/or maintaining spreadsheets or schedules to forecast efforts, identify risks, and provide status updates
Bonus Points For:
- Bachelors and higher education degree that is applicable to the role, familiarity or understanding of Audio production, expert or consider oneself awesome using Excel
Gearbox Entertainment believes that all team members should be able to enjoy a work environment free from all forms of discrimination and harassment. We are committed to reflecting the diversity of the world we strive to entertain. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we provide fair and equal treatment to all team members and applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law.