An Audio Producer on Gearbox’s Production Team is a critical role working directly in the trenches with developers on a project. This role operates alongside a department and/or “feature teams” as assigned to one of our titles. The Audio Producer is responsible for coordinating milestone/sprint planning, ensuring there is effective communication between teams, maintaining and reporting status of each area of responsibility, and working with other Producers to make it all come together. A Producer at Gearbox is committed to making the game creation process easier for their team and the broader company.
- Attend meetings as audio department representative voicing feedback or concerns on scope / schedule bloat, risk assessment, pipeline blockers.
- Attend production meetings and act as a department ambassador.
- Proactively communicate across project disciplines about the project needs and audio requirements
- Coordinate with project management and audio leadership to facilitate staffing across multiple projects
- Work closely with audio leadership to communicate team status
- Create, maintain, and track audio tasking and scheduling for multiple projects.
- Help with managing the overall schedule and workload of the audio team.
- Attend reoccurring check-ins with audio team members for task tracking oversight.
- Prioritize tasks based on project needs and triage bugs
- Work with audio leadership to facilitate external partner material needs.
- Log meeting notes and transcribe them as action items when necessary.
- Understand and plan for major project milestones and deliverables
- Communicate with QA department on status of audio
- Facilitate onboarding of new staff
WHAT MAKES YOU THE RIGHT PERSON
- You are an enthusiastic and positive person that can motivate others
- You have unique X-Factors that you can offer the team where we can learn from you as much as you can learn from us!
- You desire to grow both individually and with the team
- You love games and have a passion for game making and helping others be as creative as possible
- You can make decisions that are best for the project, even difficult decisions that are potentially against the grain
- Direct experience coordinating and/or managing efforts in AAA game development in an Audio Producer or Associate Audio Producer role. (or equivalent work/life experience)
- A strong understanding of schedules, pipelines, and dependencies developing games
- Fluent or able to use Perforce (or other source control)
- Willing to navigate Unreal Engine 4 as necessary to help get the job done.
- An understanding and experience with Wwise audio middleware.
- Exercise strong JIRA skills and leverage how it can be applied to help organize and track efforts
- Experience creating and/or maintaining spreadsheets or schedules to forecast efforts, identify risks, and provide status updates
- BONUSES: Bachelors and higher education degree that is applicable to the role, familiarity or understanding of Audio production, expert or consider oneself awesome using Excel