Director of Business Development, Strategy & Business Development
Gearbox’s mission is to Entertain the World. As such, we are looking for a talented, passionate, experienced leader who will play a pivotal role in realizing this aspiration. The Director of Business Development will lead the analysis and creation of new business opportunities, sourcing and closing deals/partnerships with top players in the entertainment space and will act as a key strategic resource for our Software, Publishing, and other critical divisions.
The role will require an individual that is comfortable working in ambiguous environments, is partnership-centric (“We only succeed through others.”) and is a self-starter.
This position reports to the Chief Business Officer.
- A Business creator – You seek to understand the ins and outs of every business development opportunity as if you where the GM. P&Ls, business plans, business models, research and analysis are some of the tools you have honed over your career to much success.
- A deal-maker – You have successfully sourced, negotiated, and closed multiple complex deals with key players in the space – platforms, publishers, developers and licensors - ensuring fair terms with an eye toward “win-win’s”.
- Multi-Disciplined – You are a swiss army knife. Well versed in the language of business and can rationalize opportunities across multiple vectors – strategically, financially, etc.
- A Communicator – You have excellent verbal and written communications skills. You adapt your style to the audience, always striving to create alignment, excitement, and clarity up and down the organization.
- Accountable – You take ownership over your game projects and feel a strong sense of ownership of everything you work on regardless of scale, scope, or visibility.
- Adaptable – You love figuring out newer and better ways to do your job smarter, faster and more effectively. You are not prideful about where the ideas come from because the best ideas win.
- 7+ years video game experience, with a proven record of creating and executing meaningful partnerships. Corporate development/M&A experience a big plus.
- Able to demonstrate excellent negotiation skills, deal analysis, revenue/profit modeling and informed business judgment.
- Strong knowledge of media, entertainment and video game trends
- Familiarity with video game production or software development a plus
- BA/BS degree required, MBA preferred