The Gearbox Entertainment Company is an award-winning creator and distributor of entertainment for people around the world. Gearbox Entertainment develops and publishes products through its subsidiaries, Gearbox Software and Gearbox Publishing. Gearbox Entertainment has become widely known for successful game franchises including Brothers in Arms and Borderlands, as well as acquired properties Duke Nukem and Homeworld. Gearbox’s ambition is to entertain the world and its key driving objectives include the pursuit of happiness for our talent, partners and customers, the prioritization of entertainment and creativity and a measured respect for profitability. For more information, visit www.Gearbox.com.
We are currently seeking a Talent Sourcer to join our growing team! This is a full-time, on-site position at a fun, fast-growing company, with excellent benefits.
- Conduct proactive market research through industry related groups, specialty job boards, online and on professional networks to identify and recruit candidates with highly specialized and technical skills to fit current and future vacancies
- Advise recruiting/HR team, hiring managers and the business when and whom should be recruited and why
- Coordinate with hiring managers to determine position requirements
- In-depth knowledge of the video game industry and clear understanding of positions prerequisites
- Interacting with potential candidates personally, on social media and other means to build relationships with the candidates and assesses their suitability for the role.
- Analytics and reporting – keep track of metrics i.e conversion rates (how many passive candidates turned into applicants, how many got to the interview stage, how many were hired, etc. with the goal of using this data to optimize the sourcing strategy
- Build and maintain a talent pool pipeline for future hiring goals
- Manage candidate database through the ATS
- Develop and implement a sourcing strategy that is in line with the Recruiting/HR and business needs
- Promote the Gearbox brand online and offline to generate candidate interest
- Follow up on all leads generated from the employee referral program
- Schedule candidate interviews with hiring managers
- Ability to attract highly competitive and best fit candidates
- Support recruiting functions however needed to succeed in overall talent acquisition objectives
- Success in this role will be determined by converting non-applicants into applicants/new hires, providing an increased number of qualified candidates for open positions and retention rates
- BA/BS in Human Resources or related field or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of technical recruiting experience
- 3+ years of recruiting experience in video games industry
- ATSs and HRIS experience for tracking, sourcing and candidate management
- Self-sufficient and ability to work with little direct supervision
- Strong negotiations and sales skills
- Time management and organizational skills is a must
Gearbox Entertainment believes that all team members should be able to enjoy a work environment free from all forms of discrimination and harassment. We are committed to reflecting the diversity of the world we strive to entertain. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we provide fair and equal treatment to all team members and applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law.