Gearbox Entertainment Company, an award-winning developer and publisher of interactive video game entertainment software, is currently seeking a Communications Coordinator to join our growing team. This is a full-time, on-site position at a fun, fast-growing company, with excellent benefits.
Job Description: The Communications Coordinator will coordinate, execute, monitor, and measure Gearbox’s communications work. The successful candidate will be an excellent writer and have experience in social media and graphic design. The ideal candidate will be a team player who is energetic, organized, creative, and self-motivated to join our accomplished Communications Department.
- 2+ years experience in a communications role.
- Superior time management and organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- An analytical mind and ability to think critically.
- Exceptional writing and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Strong attention to detail, thoroughness, and the ability to analyze information quickly.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to contribute to a positive dynamic culture in the department and company.
- Ability to relate to and communicate well with all levels of team members.
- Strong organizational skills and an independent, self-motivated work style.
- Proficiency with MS Office, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Proficient knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
- A passion for video games.
- Monitor analytics and create reports detailing the successes and failures of communications campaigns and strategies.
- Stay up to date on industry trends and make recommendations for adjustments to communications strategies and practices.
- Review work completed by Communications team for accuracy and appropriateness.
- Edit all promotional materials prior to distribution.
- Distribute print and online Communications materials.
- Analyze and assist with company’s social media and online presence.
- Contribute to company blog or website.
- Update and help maintain database of journalist, influencer, and streamer contacts.
- Research ways to reach a wider consumer base, either online or in print.
- Ensure that all promotional materials are aligned with company’s brand identity.
- Additional tasks to help Communications Department as required.
- Degree in communications or related field.
- A passionate gamer.
- Experience in the video game industry a significant plus.