Gearbox Entertainment Company, an award-winning developer and publisher of interactive video game entertainment software, is currently seeking an additional experienced Customer Support (CS) Manager to join our growing team. This is a full-time, on-site position at a fun, fast-growing company, with excellent benefits.
Mission: Connect and engage with fans of Gearbox Publishing’s titles to help ensure the best possible game play experience and provide best-in-class customer support.
Job Description: The CS Manager, in collaboration with the Customer Support Team, leads and coordinates customer service operating functions for specific projects to ensure optimal customer satisfaction. The chosen candidate will facilitate inter-department operations through the creation of regular reporting, customer resources like FAQs, and manage incoming support tickets personally or via support agents. CS Managers have a thorough understanding of contemporary video game genres and platforms, including fluency with games-as-a-service practices. The CS Manager is a diligent and passionate gamer with excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and with the ability to thrive in a dynamic environment with a distributed team.
- 2-3 years CS management experience.
- Strong attention to detail, thoroughness, and the ability to analyze information quickly.
- Ability to engage in active listening to understand the customer and respond appropriately.
- Ability to work with a dissatisfied customer and resolve their concerns.
- Showcase good leadership to inspire team members in achieving or surpassing company goals.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to contribute and shape a positive dynamic culture in the department and company.
- Ability to relate and communicate well with all levels of employees from direct reports to management.
- Strong organizational skills and an independent, self-motivated work style.
- Proficiency with MS Office, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Previous experience with customer first-contact and de-escalation.
- A passion for video games.
- Maintains customer satisfaction by providing and updating internal and external problem-solving resources.
- Accomplishes customer service human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, training, and coaching employees.
- Achieves customer service objectives by contributing customer service information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews.
- Implements and maintains best-in-class productivity, quality, and customer-service standards.
- Anticipates, identifies, and communicates customer service trends.
- Determines customer service requirements by maintaining contact with customers and agents.
- Experience with Zendesk or other CSM Platforms
- Degree in communication, marketing, or related field
- Project management training and experience
- Proficiency with Confluence, JIRA
- A passionate gamer
- Experience in the video game industry a significant plus.