Senior Data Analyst
Combine your love of data and games at Gearbox Software! Influence data-driven decision making in design, development, and business with a rigorous practice of objectively guiding us through data to understand our players.
- Collaborate with your colleagues to set the strategy and roadmap for the Analytics team. Assess high-impact business opportunities and partner with key stakeholders to understand analytics needs.
- Generate reports from accumulated data, defining automated procedures and documentation related to data collection and retention.
- Build machine learning algorithms that discover and answer challenging business questions.
- Develop new insights and analyses that inform decisions for player retention and help create better player experiences. Proactively make recommendations to Product Managers, Game Producers, Game Designers and UX Designers.
- Support marketing by creating dashboards and analytics reports that communicate status and the effectiveness of promotions, offers, and campaigns.
- Communicate findings, actionable recommendations, and data limitations to stakeholders to facilitate data-driven decisions.
- Participate in the full life cycle of analytic data, from requirements to implementation, maintenance, and usage.
- Create and maintain accurate and comprehensible data visualizations and dashboards.
- Help to define and create innovative solutions to assist developers.
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics or related field, or 5-7 years of equivalent experience with data analytics.
- Advanced knowledge in Tableau and SQL based languages.
- Advanced knowledge in (analytics) scripting languages, such as R or Python.
- Experienced in segmentation/cluster analysis and/or user behavior analysis.
- Experience working in Centralized, Distributed, and Relational databases.
- Hands-on expertise in predictive modeling, report, and dashboard design.
- Strong experience developing and implementing statistical analysis and machine learning models
- Understanding of game design and in-game economies.
- Ability to grow and foster relationships across various departments with various backgrounds.
- Ability to change directions quickly based on business, project, and team needs.
- A willingness to be a voice for data advocacy.
Bonus Points For:
- Advanced degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science, or a related quantitative discipline.
- 5-7 years of experience in the games industry.
- Hobby gamer, strong familiarity with game design in multiple game genres.
- Experienced working with tool stacks for streaming data (real time reporting).
- Experience in a mentorship role for other data analysts.
- Knowledge of or familiarity with AWS and Perforce.