A Biome Artist is responsible for the creation of assets including trees, plants, foliage, rocks, terrain textures and other assets involved with creating beautiful, consistent and harmonious exterior scenes.
- Collaborate with concept art, level art and tech art to create assets needed to make amazing looking and performant outdoor environments.
- Create rocks, trees, plants, foliage, terrain textures and stamps, plus any other model, texture or asset that is required to build incredible biomes.
- Create landscape materials, foliage assets, and other related resources, materials or assets that enrich the character of biomes.
- Over see and coach both internal and external artists on the creation of foliage and other biome assets.
- Assure quality, performance of biome art and assist in the troubleshooting and fixing of bugs.
- Shipped title experience as biome artist or similar title on open world AAA games.
- Solid organic modeling and material creation for terrain and rocks.
- Solid foliage creation and optimization with speed tree, LOD and impostor setup.
- Houdini experience is a plus.
- Stylized art creation experience is a plus.
- Unreal engine 4 experience preferred, but Unity experience is also acceptable.
- Strong artistic eye for biome composition including lighting/shading, materials.
- Familiar with biome generation tools and rulesets to help shape natural feeling landscapes.
- Excels at node-based art creation in unreal and substance designer.
- Can improvise based on high level concepts and information to deliver high quality art.
- Able to self-manage and use time effectively.
- Able to balance factors required for the creation complex environments.
- Effective communicator that can interface with leads and adjacent art departments.
- Takes direction and feedback well, collaborates effectively and can focus on project goals.
- Strives for quality, pushes for awesomeness, but knows how to compromise and balance art creation factors.