Gearbox Software is looking for a Mid-level Software Engineer to join the Spark team. Spark is a platform and online game engine supporting both internal and external titles. On the online services team, you'd be leading efforts to design, build and maintain RESTful services and server-less applications used by millions of players across multiple games.
Our platform deals with things like account management, playlists, matchmaking, cross-play, dedicated server operations and so much more. This sort of functionality needs to be performant, secure and cost effective to run.
- Design and develop highly available platform functionality through RESTful APIs and lambdas
- Collaborate with the SDK team and game team members to get functionality successfully integrated into our games
- Contribute to code reviews
- Maintain platform documentation
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
- 2+ years of highly scalable systems development experience
- Familiarity with Linux
- Excellent teamwork skills, flexibility, and ability to handle multiple tasks
- Passion for software development and OO Design
- Familiarity with various database technologies
Bonus Points for:
- Familiarity with one or more languages in our current technology stack (Go, Ruby, Java, Python)
- Familiarity with Docker
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (AWS