Senior Financial Analyst (Production)
The Senior Financial Analyst will report to the Manager, FP&A. This position will be responsible for Finance in the Production Department.
- Will work directly with the Production Group & Project Teams to create an Annual Plan, 3 or 5 Year Strategic Plan
- Work with finance partners to support by-title ultimate P&Ls for the monthly, quarterly and long term planning process.
- Will be responsible for Project planning including headcount costs, direct project spend, internal allocations.
- Develop business processes and reporting to ensure business partners have a clear understanding of:
- Their financial plan for the year, including headcount
- Their current forecast and changes vs. Plan
- Their long range modeling for out-years
- Their current and YTD financial performance vs. Plan/prior forecast
- Accounting responsibilities include month end close support, invoice/AP coding, payroll processing & allocations, variance analysis.
- Manage the ongoing requirements for monthly close which includes accruals, reclasses, headcount reconciliations, balance sheet reconciliations, and variance analysis.
- Set control processes in place to manage spending and headcount within plan levels. Set-up and manage financial reviews with business partners every month to analyze results, forecast spending, and headcount.
- Ensure compliance with Gearbox’s policies and procedures.
- Support ad hoc requests from executive management and senior staff as needed – could include: Quarterly Business Review decks, analysis for Earnings, staffing/spending analysis, etc.
- BA or BS in Finance, Accounting, or Economics
- CPA and/or MBA preferred
- 3+ years of experience as a Financial Analyst
- Advanced accounting and financial skills required
- Strong working knowledge of PC-based software applications, including Microsoft Office (Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint)
- Experience with forecasting & analysis tools
- Experience with Project Accounting, Forecasting, Reporting & Variance Analysis
- Experience in fast paced environment and ability to deliver results under tight deadlines
- Must have extreme attention to detail
- Strong analytical and writing skills and the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written
- Ability to plan and prioritize work and handle multiple priorities
- A team player who is able to work collaboratively
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, be pro-active when needed and identify and resolve issues
- Understand and identify cost/benefit opportunities and recommend process improvements
- Knowledge of gaming/entertainment industry a plus