As Director of Online Engagement, you will work with and lead a team to enhance Gearbox’s image and brand among key audiences to help create demands for its products and solidify its place as a leader in the video game industry.
The Director of Online Engagement will:
- Develop strategies and tactics that invest in content syndication on Gearbox’s social channels and platforms to ensure its marketing and messages reach key audiences;
- Work collaboratively with Community and Influencer Managers to manage critical Gearbox relationships, grow professional skillsets, and enhance team performance;
- Strengthen and expand Gearbox’s digital footprint;
- Perform research, analyze data, create KPIs, and develop key insights and actions plans to achieve Gearbox’s business objectives;
- Drive adoption of standards, supporting digital best practices and key digital metrics
- Be a mentor for the digital team, sharing best practices and encouraging growth and experimentation in a safe environment;
- Lead the digital team in reinforcing Gearbox’s “always-on” content strategy, serving up a steady and well-organized stream of stories and news;
- Analyze SEO and digital metrics, making sure all content is socially optimized; and,
- Collaborate with internal teams to ensure brand consistency.
The candidate will enjoy a fast-paced environment, collaborative teamwork, and shared success.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a concentration in Communications, Marketing, or Advertising
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in the field. Video game industry experience is highly valued and preferred
- Strong managerial experience, including experience developing and mentoring a team
- Ability to nurture and retain influencer relationships
- Deep understanding of how Paid Search/SEM interacts with Paid Social, SEO, Mobile, Social, and Attribution
- Strong knowledge of optimizing campaigns according to the Gearbox’s KPIs
- Ability to use Google Analytics and other Web analytic tools to evaluate the effectiveness
- Strong writing, presenting, and communication skills are a must
- Exceptional organizational skills, multitasking capabilities, and attention to detail
- Ability to think strategically and make innovative recommendations that drive Gearbox goals
- High levels of integrity, autonomy, and self-motivation
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)