An Associate Producer on Gearbox’s Production Team is a critical role working directly in the trenches with developers on a project. This role operates alongside a department and/or “feature teams” as assigned to one of our titles. The Associate Producer is responsible for coordinating milestone/sprint planning, ensuring there is effective communication between teams, maintaining and reporting status of each area of responsibility, and working with other Producers to make it all come together. A Producer at Gearbox is committed to making the game creation process easier for their team and the broader company.
- Assist feature teams and/or departments in driving progress toward both immediate and long-term goals
- Associate Producers typically own 1 – 3 feature teams depending on assignment per Producer or Managing Production
- Maintain tasking by ensuring all efforts are represented in JIRA, with the necessary information for both content creators, production, and our development management team
- Support content creators in any day to day needs- communication, identifying and resolving blockers, scheduling/coordinating/representing in meetings, creating tasks as needed, etc.
- Proactively identify areas of need and coordinate with stakeholders to ‘make it happen!’!
- Stay on top of progress/status always representing as a reliable person about where your teams are in the pipeline or in current initiatives
- Update Confluence and other documentation formats that is integral to the development and scheduling process
- Monitor and enable feature team(s) to deliver their work on time with the best quality possible within time constraints
- Attend regular production meetings and participate in Production Roundtables where the production team across the studio is committed to constantly improve
WHAT MAKES YOU THE RIGHT PERSON
- You are an enthusiastic and positive person that can motivate others
- You have unique X-Factors that you can offer the team where we can learn from you as much as you can learn from us!
- You desire to grow both individually and with the team
- You love games and have a passion for game making and helping others be as creative as possible
- You are capable of making decisions that are best for the project, even difficult decisions that are potentially against the grain
- Direct experience coordinating and/or managing efforts in AAA game development in an Assistant Producer or Associate Producer role (or equivalent work/life experience)
- A strong understanding of schedules, pipelines, and dependencies developing games
- Fluent or able to use Perforce (or other source control)
- Willing to navigate Unreal Engine 4 as necessary to help get the job done
- Exercise strong JIRA skills and leverage how it can be applied to help organize and track efforts
- Experience creating and/or maintaining spreadsheets or schedules in order to forecast efforts, identify risks, and provide status updates
- BONUSES: Bachelors and higher education degree that is applicable to the role, familiarity or understanding UI Art/Design, expert or consider oneself pretty awesome using Excel