The Cinematics Manager at The Gearbox Entertainment Company is a production role with subject matter expertise. The Cinematics Manager is responsible for all production and project management duties in addition to supporting the Cinematics Director in coordinating a department that supports multiple projects in development. This role is highly focused on cultivating and maintaining team synergy, efficiency, and morale. The Cinematics Manager works laterally to the Cinematics Director and reports to the Director of Creative Development.
- As a producer, manage processes that ensure efficient team operation in line with Gearbox production philosophies
- Coordinate with and assist the Cinematics Director to evangelize and execute customer-first qualitative content vision and strategy
- Stay current and familiar with hardware and software pertaining to the creation of cinematics for use within games and for external release
- Create and maintain department schedules, manage tasks (using production tools such as JIRA, Confluence, SmartSheet, Miro, and MS Office) and govern department scope for multiple projects
- Be able to make and defend difficult scoping decisions that might sometimes compromise quality for the sake of efficiency – putting the player first
- Take a keen interest in team morale, the growth of team member craft and their goals
- Confidently represent the department in internal and external meetings
- Ability to multi-task at a high level in order to support multiple projects in development in addition to the direct responsibilities of coordinating a central department
- Work with other areas of the organization, such as Finance and Business Development, as a representative of Cinematics either alongside or in proxy of the Cinematics Director
- Has shipped at least one AAA game or has equivalent experience
- Possess subject matter expertise and can, “speak the language,” in all lanes of cinematics
- Excellent collaboration skills, and a track record of developing, and an maintaining constructive professional relationships with colleagues across multiple disciplines and degrees of seniority.
- Current and active in the cinematics community and/or educated on the latest technology and software
- Committed to constant growth as a team player, mentor, manager, and producer