Senior Technical Artist
Gearbox Software is looking for a skilled and motivated Senior Technical Artist to take ownership of complex art systems, effects, and shaders for our projects. The Senior Technical Artist role is meant to bridge the gap between art and programming, integrating art content and features while honoring the artistic vision and technical constraints.
- Work with artists to create best practices and optimal workflows.
- Communicate and work closely with programmers to develop new engine features.
- Analyze memory/performance concerns throughout a project's development
- Create efficient and user friendly Master Materials and Material Functions for use in game.
- Author and maintain Scripts, Blueprints , and Houdini Digital Assets to be used by artists in our content creation applications.
- Streamline Workflow by proactively finding solutions and by working with production.
- Research and Develop prototypes for art pipelines and help bring your coworkers’ ideas to life.
- Expert knowledge of a 3D modeling application, the Substance Suite, and Photoshop.
- Working knowledge of Houdini and the creation of Houdini Digital Assets.
- Working knowledge of Python and the ability to quickly learn similar scripting languages, if required.
- Able to collaborate and work well with teams from various disciplines.
- Take ownership of shippable quality content/systems that are memory efficient and performant.
- Problem-Solve and provide a clear solution to complicated issues.
- Ability to think out-of-the-box to overcome technical challenges.
- Ability to self-direct, and be autonomous when it is required.
- Knowledge and experience in one or more of the following artistic disciplines: Environment/Level Art, Visual Effects, Surface Art, Lighting
- 6+ Years of industry experience.
- Expert knowledge of the Unreal Engine, including Blue Prints and the Material Editor.
- Expert knowledge of 3Ds Max.
- Experience with current generation platforms (Xbox One, PlayStation 4).
- Experience with other popular or proprietary engines (Unity, etc).
- Strong balance of creative/visual aesthetics and technical skills.