A Technical Animator at The Gearbox Entertainment Company joins our Technical Animation team with a heavy focus on character rigging and is responsible for building production-quality rigs / tools and collaborating with animators to support the needs of the Animation department. The ideal candidate for this position demonstrates both strong technical knowledge and interpersonal skills. The Technical Animator reports directly to the Lead Character Rigger.
• Rig characters, props, weapons, vehicles, etc. for animation in Maya
• Create scripts and tools to improve the rigging and animation process
• Collaborate with animators to maintain and improve the animation pipeline
• Work closely with concept artists, modelers, designers, programmers and animators to help take characters through the character pipeline
• 2-3 years of industry experience with at least 1 AAA project shipped from beginning to end
• Education in Rigging and Scripting in Maya and/or equivalent industry experience
• Demo reel or work sample that demonstrates rigging, skinning, and tool development prowess
• Familiarity with current animation technology such as rigging techniques, motion capture, facial capture, physics, etc.
• Works well in a team environment with excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience with animation or, minimally, a working knowledge of animation principles and techniques
• Experience with Python and MEL
• Experience with Unreal Engine 4
• Experience with task tracking software such as JIRA
• Experience with version control systems (Perforce, Subversion, Git, etc.)
• Current generation console experience
Your application was submitted successfully.