The Gearbox Entertainment Company is adding to its Communications and PR team!
Gearbox Entertainment Company, an award-winning developer and publisher of interactive video game entertainment software, is currently seeking an experienced Community Manager to join our team. This is a full-time, on-site position at a fun, growing company, with excellent benefits.
Mission: Promote Gearbox and its brands/games to the world and promote Gearbox culture and philosophies within the company.
The Community Manager is primarily responsible for supporting the community engagement plans created by their game’s Community Developer including engaging players in conversations on forums and social channels, and supporting the creation of community content such as FAQs, live-streams, and guides. Community Managers have a thorough understanding of contemporary video game genres and platforms, including fluency with games-as-a-service practices and production/business models. The Community Manager is a creative and passionate gamer, comfortable with online communities and social media, with excellent communication skills, and with the ability to thrive in a highly dynamic environment with a distributed team.
•2-3 years experience in a community management role.
• Experience in the video game industry a significant plus.
• Previous experience with user moderation in a digital/online environment, including experience working with forum, live chat, or other game mastering tools.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to create quality documentation for internal and external audiences.
• Strong understanding of social media services, mechanics, and trends, especially Twitter, Instagram, Reddit, and Facebook.
• Strong organizational skills and an independent, self-motivated work style.
• Proficiency with MS Office, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Previous experience with customer first-contact and de-escalation a plus.
• A passion for gaming.
• Contribute to content strategy and player-facing communications, including active engagement on community channels and reactive messaging
• Create compelling product communications such as blogs, patch notes, social copy
• Develop and execute key community initiatives including contests, live events, content partnerships, and influencer/streamer programs
• Manage content calendars and milestones, delivering content to cross-functional and regional teams
• Drive content creator strategy, identifying potential new creators while supporting and building long-term relationships with existing partners
• Establishing player feedback loops with players and dev teams, providing meaningful reporting on community sentiment, concerns and suggestions
• Analyze and report on content and program performance data to drive continuous improvement, optimization and innovation
Your application was submitted successfully.