Platform Operations Manager
Gearbox Publishing is currently seeking an experienced Platform Operations Manager to join our team. The Platform Operations Manager will be responsible for all tasks associated with manufacturing and distribution of internally and externally created projects. They will also be integral to helping Production determine optimal operations dates for game release schedules.
- Assist in negotiating and overseeing all print, replication and manufacture of Gearbox Publishing and third party published game titles.
- Manage manufacturing production schedule for all Gearbox Publishing physical media releases.
- Assist in setting up the Bill of Materials (BOM) with all licensed disc replicators.
- Work directly with Marketing, Sales and 3rd Party publishing partners to oversee all product shipments to customers for N. America, Canada, Brazil and EMEA.
- Work directly with Finance to process and execute all payments regarding royalties, packaging, and manufacturing for all Gearbox Publishing game titles.
- Work directly with Marketing, and External Partners on new game releases to manage retail marketing and launch strategies.
- Work closely with Business Intelligence to manage inventory, replenishment forecasting, and demand planning for new release and catalog titles.
- Work directly with Finance and External Partners to process sales orders and shipments to customers.
- Manage sales promotions and advertising development funds including forecasting, scheduling, proof-of-performance, and billing for External Partners.
- Work closely with External Partners on game release schedules and 1st Party game packaging assets and approvals including all Digital titles.
- Manage problem-resolution with partners, including manufacturing schedule discrepancies and production timing constraints.
- Work directly with Marketing on all packaging and metadata needs for each GBXP title.
- Work directly with GBXP Producers on game release schedules to determine optimal operations dates to meet street dates for GBX published titles.
- Assists in managing assigned facilities and suppliers in their efforts to execute day-to-day transportation operations ensuring on-time, reliable deliveries, maximized capacity, improved utilization and productivity.
- Implements key transportation programs and initiatives.
- Manage and order all 1st Party Token, Voucher and Steam keys.
- Keep an eye on project scope and ensure proper capacity planning.
- Be aware of project budgets and stay within the set financial constraints.
- Provide clear and concise reports and easy to understand data points for evaluation.
- Evaluate processes and introduce improvements as needed.
Required Skills and Experience:
- At least 4 years experience at a video game publisher
- Experience publishing on Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo or Steam
- Familiarity with JIRA and Confluence
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative
- Strong understanding of video game publishing and content pipeline from concept to shipping
- Organized and good time management skills
- Strong and enthusiastic communication skills
- Good understanding of computers and technology
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite programs
- A deep passion for video games
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience working in a flexible, casual environment.
- Experience publishing on Epic Game Store, iOS, Android, Stadia
- Substantial customer service skills, attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Project Management
- Solid Research and Presentation Skills