Gearbox Software, an award-winning developer of interactive video game entertainment software, is currently seeking a Benefits Administrator to join our team. This is a full-time, on-site position at a fun, growing company, with excellent benefits.
- Design, recommend and implement new benefits programs. Examine possible plan designs and benefits cost changes.
- Negotiate with vendors for best plans, options and rates.
- Serve as primary contact for plan vendors and employees
- Coordinate transfer of data to external contacts for services, premiums and plan administration.
- Evaluate and revise internal processes to reduce costs and increase efficiency.
- Document and maintain administrative procedures for assigned benefits processes.
- Ensure compliance with applicable government regulations. Ensure timeliness and accuracy of required reporting and fees.
- Coordinate daily benefits processing. Handle enrollments, COBRA, terminations, changes, beneficiaries, disability, accident and death claims, rollovers, distributions, loans, hardships and compliance testing.
- Oversee maintenance of employee benefits files, maintain group benefits database and update employee payroll records.
- Gather employee data and oversee the processing of monthly billings and the preparation of vouchers for payment of administrative fees for all group plans.
- Analyze current benefits, evaluating the use, services, coverage, effectiveness, cost, plan experience and competitive trends in benefits programs, and identify the company's stance.
- Review both short- and long-range cost estimates/projections and relevant statistical analyses regarding modifications in benefits programs and implementation of new programs.
- Survey industry trends. Complete benefits surveys and review information obtained from the results. Analyze complex benefits information. Forecast trends and assist with future benefits designs. Develop specific recommendations for review by management.
- Monitor administrative costs of benefits programs and recommend cost containment strategies, including alternative methods for administration and funding. Prepare budgetary recommendations and assist in the monitoring, verifying and reconciling of budgeted funds.
- Provide customer service support to internal and external customers. Develop communication tools to enhance understanding of the company's benefits package.
- Design and distribute materials for benefits orientations, open enrollment and summary plan descriptions. Provide training and support to employees at all levels.
- Three years experience with Ceridian Dayforce and benefits databases.
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to use Microsoft products, including PowerPoint;
- Project and team management/leadership skills and experience.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment with associates.
- Strong analytical skills and a thorough knowledge of plan designs.
- Ability to understand, evaluate and make judgment on proposals (RFPs).
- Knowledge of benefits contract language.
- Knowledge of all pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements, both adopted and pending, affecting employee benefits programs, including the ACA, ERISA, FMLA, ADA, workers' compensation, Medicare, COBRA, and Social Security and DOL requirements.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in human resource management or related field, and three to five years of related benefits or employee benefits administration experience.