Senior Financial Analyst
The Gearbox Entertainment Company is an award-winning creator and distributor of entertainment for people around the world. Gearbox Entertainment develops and publishes products through its subsidiaries, Gearbox Software and Gearbox Publishing. Gearbox Entertainment has become widely known for successful game franchises including Brothers in Arms and Borderlands, as well as acquired properties Duke Nukem and Homeworld. Gearbox’s ambition is to entertain the world and its key driving objectives include the pursuit of happiness for our talent, partners and customers, the prioritization of entertainment and creativity and a measured respect for profitability. For more information, visit www.Gearbox.com.
The Senior Financial Analyst will report to the Senior Manager, FP&A. This position will be responsible for Finance in the Production Department.
This position is open to remote work in certain states.
- Will work directly with the Production Group & Project Teams to create an Annual Plan, 3 or 5 Year Strategic Plan
- Work with finance partners to support by-title ultimate P&Ls for the monthly, quarterly and long-term planning process.
- Will be responsible for Project planning including headcount costs, direct project spend, internal allocations.
- Develop business processes and reporting to ensure business partners have a clear understanding of:
- Their financial plan for the year, including headcount
- Their current forecast and changes vs. Plan
- Their long-range modeling for out-years
- Their current and YTD financial performance vs. Plan/prior forecast
- Their project staffing plans & variances
- Set control processes in place to manage spending and headcount within plan levels. Set-up and manage financial reviews with business partners every month to analyze results, forecast spending, and headcount.
- Ensure compliance with Gearbox’s policies and procedures.
- Support ad hoc requests from executive management and senior staff as needed – could include: Quarterly Business Review decks, analysis for Earnings, staffing/spending analysis, etc.
- BA or BS in Finance, Accounting, or Economics
- CPA and/or MBA preferred
- 3+ years of experience as a Financial Analyst
- Advanced accounting and financial skills required
- Strong working knowledge of PC-based software applications, including Microsoft Office (Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint)
- Experience with Workday Adaptive Planning (Adaptive Insights)
- Experience with forecasting & analysis tools
- Experience with Project Accounting, Forecasting, Reporting & Variance Analysis
- Experience in fast paced environment and ability to deliver results under tight deadlines
- Must have extreme attention to detail
- Strong analytical and writing skills and the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written
- Ability to plan and prioritize work and handle multiple priorities
- A team player who is able to work collaboratively
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, be pro-active when needed and identify and resolve issues
- Understand and identify cost/benefit opportunities and recommend process improvements
Bonus Points For:
- Knowledge of gaming/entertainment industry a plus
Gearbox Entertainment believes that all team members should be able to enjoy a work environment free from all forms of discrimination and harassment. We are committed to reflecting the diversity of the world we strive to entertain. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we provide fair and equal treatment to all team members and applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law.