As the Director of Strategy, you will apply your strategic and finance expertise to help senior leadership determine strategic priorities and foster growth. You will oversee the strategic planning discipline for Gearbox Entertainment leading both daily and long-term strategy for Software, Publishing and all ancillary verticals. Reporting to the Chief Business Officer, you will be a trusted adviser, providing decision support and serving as a sounding board to inform and, if necessary, challenge decisions while applying both inside and outside perspectives. You will promote solid critical and fact-based decision-making with diverse teams, acting as an “influence broker” across the organization and leadership team.
Gearbox is a fast-moving, independent and entrepreneurial company. The ideal candidate must be a self-starter that thrives in ambiguity. We are also a family that works hard, doesn’t take itself too seriously, and cares for each other. If this role and our culture sounds exciting then we look forward to hearing from you!
- Create and lead the long-range planning process - working across game projects and central functions to frame Gearbox Entertainment’s strategy, outline key initiatives and analyze financial plans.
- Create decision support tools – Support with planning, calendaring and executing of Long-Range Planning process, including development of templates, managing tasks and milestones through submission of plan.
- Conduct analysis and prepare presentations for Long Range Plan that drive to recommendations to assist with strategic decision-making.
- Drive tracking of key priorities and initiatives - resulting from long-range plan and support Quarterly Plan Reviews with the Executive Leadership Team.
- Support strategy, organization and operations-related projects end-to-end: define the problem, develop a hypothesis, structure the analysis, collect the necessary data, and communicate findings succinctly and thoughtfully.
- Support our expansion in existing and new segments.
- Work closely with key stakeholders on priority tactical initiatives to improve business performance.
- Develop a deep understanding of how our games and franchises operate, the markets they play in, their strategic priorities and potential opportunities.
- Analyze and understand industry trends and market forecasts in gaming and other relevant media and entertainment sectors, critically thinking about the implications for Gearbox and our game franchises.
- Partner with Publishing and Finance to conduct research on industries, potential partners, and competitors.
Experience & Accomplishments:
- Demonstrated passion for video gaming and gamers.
- Superior problem solving and analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative.
- Able to communicate effectively, translating complex ideas into succinct recommendations.
- Strong leadership skills and experience working with C-level executives with the ability to influence, work collaboratively, and gain consensus across a large organization.
- Between five to ten years of progressive business experience, preferably from a top-tier management consulting firm, corporate strategy role, or investment bank.
- Video game experience is highly preferred.
- MBA from a leading program preferred but not required.