Senior Publishing Producer
Gearbox Publishing is looking for a talented, passionate, experienced leader who is comfortable practicing the art of game development to join our high-caliber publishing production team.
The best fit for this position will have the confidence and problem-solving skills to manage development schedules for multiple titles and teams while maintaining clear communication with Publishing leadership.
As part of the leadership team, you’ll be working with a fun, world-class team, and we’re seeking someone with the drive, character, and skill set to drive continued success.
- Proactively create, maintain, and enforce overall project plans containing all key milestones and associated deliverables in conjunction with production staff and project leads.
- Collaborate with discipline leads and cross-studio staff to create and manage the project plan with respect to the product goals.
- Communicate product status, issues and launch plans to key constituents across the organization including production, engineering, research, marketing, and business development.
- Ensure that critical path items, such as submission, localization, and QA-related responsibilities are unblocked and well-executed.
- Work with business & finance leadership to develop business terms, forecast P&L, and review project budgets.
- Serve as a friendly resource for other producers, assisting them in the resolution of complex problems and growing their skill set.
- 5+ years experience as a Senior Producer, Producer, or equivalent leadership position through the development & launch of AAA games.
- Past hands-on experience as a contributing team member of a core development discipline (Art, Animation, Engineering, Design, QA)
- Must be comfortable representing the state of the project and the product vision to various stakeholders.
- Broad knowledge of the video game market and trends.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a high level of emotional intelligence.
- Must thoroughly understand cross-discipline collaboration and development-driven production.
- Able to work well in a fast-paced team environment and simultaneously manage multiple competing priorities with a cool head.
- Ability to create project plans & define key milestones, and then proactively monitor the progress of department milestones & individual tasks within those plans.
- Excellent organizational skills, detail-oriented, and can multi-task under pressure.
- Project management & visualization skill with JIRA, Microsoft Project, Hansoft, or other project management software.
- Experience working with mobile games, GaaS games, and/or F2P models.
- Previous experience with Live Operations, Community Management, and Marketing/PR teams for GaaS titles.
- Previous experience working with remote development teams.
- Familiarity and passion for Gearbox franchises such as Homeworld, Brothers in Arms, and Borderlands.