Writers at Gearbox will create stories, write and punch-up scripts, and join narrative stakeholder groups and writer’s rooms in the review and iteration of story content. Responsibilities will include plot development, writing dialogue for voice-over, in-game text for missions, flavor text, and writing for user interface. Gearbox writers should be able to write in a variety of styles, but strength with comedy is highly valued by our studio. The ability to work with a team and to accept notes, criticism, and the iterative process is a must.
- Ability to collaborate with other creative people from all disciplines (art, design and engineering).
- Skilled in writing entertaining and engaging dialogue with meaningful character interactions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and execute multiple threads of writing tasks under a reasonable deadline commitment with professional organizational and teamwork skills.
- Strong passion and ability for comedic or satiric writing.
- Published work in video games, novels, comic books, web-based material, TV, film, or related media.
- Desire and ability to work with an experienced team of creative professionals.
- Must be local or willing to relocate to the North Dallas area (relocation assistance available for successful candidate).