The UX designer will help to ensure that the players can easily understand the systems within the game and that they leverage the best method of feedback. Additionally, they may also assist in polishing various areas that contribute to the game’s overall feel, including camera behavior, aiming, and controls. This role involves working closely with the Lead UX Designer, Creative Director, and UI team.
- Review documentation from design teams to confirm that proposed features have appropriate feedback called out that fits within the vision of the UI.
- Facilitate implementation by providing the UI team with designs and reference material as needed.
- Work closely with the UI and design teams throughout implementation to make sure that the overall experience is polished and the feedback is easily understood.
- Help collate testing criteria for UI playtests and assist in turning feedback into actionable items as needed.
- Provide input to Systems, Content and the UI leads on confusion points within the game.
- Assist the Lead UX designer as needed in polishing controls, aiming, and areas that pertain to game feel.
- At least 2 years of professional experience with games UI/UX.
- A proven track record of design and implementation in video games.
- Understanding of modern UI experiences in games, including player flow through menus, HUD design, control mapping, and methods of player feedback.
- Excellent documentation, communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- An ability to maintain focus and self-motivation towards the current project goals.
- Live near or be able to relocate to Frisco, Texas.
Desired but not required:
- An understanding of core player mechanics, and familiarity of how gamepad, keyboard and mouse, aiming, and camera systems work.
- Have shipped a AAA title, with a preference towards Unreal technology and first person shooters.
- Co-op and/or Online Multiplayer experience.
- Experience with the certification and shipping process on modern consoles.